You are here: Home > Tijuana information > Visit Mexico In December

Visit Mexico In December

Sandra asks…

Going to on vacation out of the country with 2 kids in December?

I have never traveled outside of the U.S. before, let alone with 2 kids (my son will be 11 and my daughter will be 18 months at the time).We are going to Mexico and my hubby will be there as well so I will have help. My question is what do you have to do to prepare for going out of the country besides getting passports? Are there any special shots they have to get or anything? And does anyone have any tips on how to fly on a plane with a toddler? I don’t think I will have any problems with my 11 year old on the plane, but my daughter is another story all together LOL.

BTW My hubby’s stepmom is from Manzanillo Mexico and she has recently gone into remission from pancreatic cancer. She wants to take all of her family to where she is from for Christmas. They say it is nice there?

Tijuana answers:

ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: For the latest entry requirements, visit the Embassy of Mexico’s website or contact the Embassy of Mexico at 1911 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006, telephone (202) 736-1600, or any Mexican consulate in the United States for the most current information.

All Americans traveling by air outside of the United States are required to present a passport or other valid travel document to re-enter the United States. This requirement was extended to sea travel (except closed-loop cruises), including ferry service, on June 1, 2009. Starting June 1, 2009, all travelers entering the U.S. By land, sea or air were required to present a Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document such as a passport or a passport card. While passport cards and enhanced driver’s license are sufficient for re-entry into the United States, they may not be accepted by the particular country you plan to visit; please be sure to check with your cruise line and countries of destination for any foreign entry requirements. U.S. Legal permanent residents in possession of their I-551 Permanent Resident card may board flights to the United States from Mexico.

Tourist Travel: U.S. Citizens do not require a visa or a tourist card for tourist stays of 72 hours or less within “the border zone,” defined as an area between 20 to 30 kilometers of the border with the U.S., depending on the location. U.S. Citizens traveling as tourists beyond the border zone or entering Mexico by air must pay a fee to obtain a tourist card, also known as an FM-T, available from Mexican consulates, Mexican border crossing points, Mexican tourism offices, airports within the border zone and most airlines serving Mexico. The fee for the tourist card is generally included in the price of a plane ticket for travelers arriving by air. Please note that travelers not in possession of their FM-T card at the point of exit from Mexico may face a fine from Mexican Immigration (INM).

Business Travel: Upon arrival in Mexico, business travelers must complete and submit a form (Form FM-N) authorizing the conduct of business, but not employment, for a 30-day period. Travelers entering Mexico for purposes other than tourism or business or for stays of longer than 180 days require a visa and must carry a valid U.S. Passport. U.S. Citizens planning to work or live in Mexico should apply for the appropriate Mexican visa at the Mexican Embassy in Washington, DC, or at the nearest Mexican consulate in the United States.

THREATS TO SAFETY AND SECURITY: Violence by criminal elements affects many parts of the country, including urban and rural areas. Visitors to the U.S.-Mexico border region, including cities such as Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Nogales, and Matamoros should remain alert and be aware of their surroundings at all times. In its efforts to combat violence, the Government of Mexico has deployed military troops to various parts of the country. Military checkpoints increased in border areas in early 2008. U.S. Citizens are advised to cooperate with official checkpoints when traveling on Mexican highways. Sporadic outbursts of politically motivated violence occur from time to time in certain areas of the country, particularly in the southern states of Chiapas, Guerrero and Oaxaca.

Susan asks…

Why wasn’t slavery prevalent in Mexico?

I visited mexico the other day and only saw like 2 black people.

Tijuana answers:

There was slavery in Mexico, it was abolished on December 6, 1810. The Black people have intermarried and just changed the national skin color a little.

Maria asks…

Would you visit Mexico?

Tijuana answers:

Hell yeah! I wanna go like the 1st-2nd week of december durin all the parties & christmas festivals
. . But i always have finals during that time =(

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

Comments are closed.