You are here: Home > Tijuana information > Visit Mexico Visa

Visit Mexico Visa

Joseph asks…

Do you need a passport or visa to visit Mexico for 5 days?

Tijuana answers:

If you are visitors entering to Mexico, native from Germany, Andorre, Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Chile, South Korea, Costa Rica, Denmark, Slovenia, Spain, United States of america, Finland, France, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japon, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Monaco, Norway, New Zealand, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay and Venezuela, you will need the following documentation :

IIdentification with a photograph (Driver’s License)
Corresponding Visa – if necessary
Tourist Migratory Form:
* It can be obtained at Mexican embassies and consulates
* It is valid for 90 days
* It may be renewed, if necessary

Tourist Permits are valid up to 180 days and can be obtained through the airline company or at the border, by presenting proof of citizenship.

The visitors who are here for business purposes should take into account that since NAFTA was signed, the Mexican government requires instead of the tourist migratory form, a document known as an F.M.N. That can be obtained at any Mexican Consulate free of charge.

Visitors from the United States and Canada do not require a visa; nevertheless, they should show proof of their citizenship (Passport expired not more than 5 years or a Birth Certificate).
Your first contact with Mexico will be the migration office, in where the passports and cards of tourist are reviewed. All the travellers are authorized to introduce to the country equivalent to 300 dollars American in merchandise in addition to their personal, sport luggage or photographic equipment. The articles that exceed this amount and up to 1000 dollars will have to pay a tax of the 32.8%.

Carol asks…

does foreign national is US holding L2 Visa will require travel permit to visit mexico?

Tijuana answers:

This is from the Mexican embassy website

If you need to travel to Mexico for tourism for up to 6 months and you have a valid US Visa it is not necessary to apply for a Mexican visa. You only need to fill up a migratory form that will be provided in the plane or port of entry.

If you have any doubts contact us at Visas Department:

Tel. 202-736-1008

Maria asks…

Visiting Mexico in September… Do I need a visa?

Going on hols to Mexico in Sept, do I have to apply for a Visa or will the travel agents sort?


Tijuana answers:

Hola. All travellers entering mexico will be presented a customs card and a visa tourist card (usually given to you on the plane) It allows you to be in mexico for up to 180 days. It is called a FMT and like I said all planes going into Mexico hand them out during the flight. Your passport will be stamped with your entry date, and you must keep the second half of the visa form with you, for when you leave mexico to present to the airline. If you do not have this second part, you will not be allowed to leave, and will pay a big fine and go through a huge hassle to get a new one. So hang onto it!!!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

Comments are closed.