You are here: Home > Tijuana information > Visit Mexico Visa

Visit Mexico Visa

Lizzie asks…

Do I need to get a Visa in going Mexico?

I am a native Filipino and I am planning to visit Mexico for a short time vacation. Do I need a Visa or not?

Tijuana answers:

Yes you will need a visa based on your nationality. The Philippines are not on the list of countries which are visa waived to go to Mexico:
Alemania, Andorra, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bélgica, Bahamas, Bulgaria, Canadá, Chipre, Corea del Sur, Costa Rica, Dinamarca, Eslovaquia, Eslovenia, España, Estados Unidos de América, Estonia, Finlandia, Francia, Gran Bretaña, Grecia, Hungría, Hong Kong, Irlanda, Islandia, Israel, Italia, Japón, Letonia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxemburgo, Malta, Mónaco, Noruega, Nueva Zelanda, Países Bajos, Panamá, Polonia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Rumania, San Marino, Singapur, Suecia, Suiza, Uruguay y Venezuela.

If you should hold a U.S. Permanent Resident/Resident Alien Card (Form I-551) you would be visa waived to travel to Mexico for tourist purposes up to 180 days.


Lisa asks…

Do i need a visa to mexico if i have a green card?

i just got my residency in america, and want to visit mexico. Do i need to get a visa on my passport (not american) to enter mexico through the border? or can i just use my permanent resident card?
Also, how long would i be allowed to stay?
also what is the different procedure when you get back?

Tijuana answers:

I’m a US permanent resident (foreign passport holder) and i’ve been to mexico so i know what i’m talking about.

No, you do not need a visa to go to mexico if you have a green card. All you need to present is your foreign passport and your green card and you’re good to go.

Coming back into the US, all you need to show to the immigration officer is just your green card, not the passport. That’s all they care about pretty much. Although of course, you would be in possession of your passport since you needed it going into mexico… And if you’re flying, you definitely need a passport.

David asks…

Can a person with Belgium travel document visit to Brazil and Mexico without visa?

I am not a Belgium citizenship yet. But I am a recognized refugee and have a travel document for the refugees issued by the Belgium government. I would like to visit to Brazil and Mexico on my vacation.
If the visa is needed, is it difficult to get?
If there is someone who knows it, please let me know about it. Thanks in advanced.

Tijuana answers:

It looks like you will need to apply for a visa for both countries. The visa free travel to Mexico for up to 180 days only applies to Belgian citizen and passport holders of other countries who have a valid permanent residence permit issued by Belgium. Refugee Travel Document holder who live in the U.K. Need a visa in accordance with the Mexican Embassy in London, hence it can be assumed that you need one, too.
Http:// ..
Http:// ..

The visa-free travel to Brazil also applies to Belgian passport holder only. For further information contact the Consular Section of the Brazilian Embassy, 350, Avenue Louise – Boîte 5 – 1050 Bruxelles – Belgique; tel: (02) 640-2015 – FAX: (02) 640-8134 – e-Mail:

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

Comments are closed.