You are here: Home > Tijuana information > Visit Mexico With Us Visa

Visit Mexico With Us Visa

Susan asks…

is a Transit visa needed traveling from jamaica through US as a jamaican citizen to Mexico?

My friend and I want to meet in Mexico, most flights are through the US or Canada, does he need a transit visa then to travel through from Jamaica to Mexico? If he goes through Cuba will that be easier?

Tijuana answers:

I think you need a a transit Visa. Visit this link for a better answer.

Paul asks…

How do you get a temp permit/visa to visit a love one that has past away in the US?

We have a family member that past away this weekend. His father is from Mexico and doesn’t have any idea on what he need to get a temp permit/visa to visit his son. What is the process of obtaining one and how fast is the process? His father has never visited the US. Is this even possiable?

Tijuana answers:

His father must first get a Mexican passport, then apply for a tourist visa to the U.S. Thru the nearest American embassy or consulate. These two processes may be quick and they may not be quick. Having a Mexican passport does NOT guarantee getting a u.S. Visa. It is very difficult for a mexican citizen to get a U.S. Passport. About 50% of the applications are declined. He must have proof that he has COMPELLING reasons to return home…that means MONEY. He must own a house, business, or have a large amount of money in the bank. See site below for visa application info. He must start his application there. He must get his passport first. He can apply at the nearest SRE office. He will need to go to the opffice and pick up the list of documents he needs to present before making an appointment to get his passport. If he has everything, he may get his passport the same day. The visa depends on how busy the U.S. Consulate he goes to is. Could ge a week or several weeks.

Lizzie asks…

Can a Canadian studying in the US get a part time job without a visa?

Canadians are allowed to stay and study in the US without a visa.
Usually, foreigners can’t get a job in the US without a work visa, but if you have a student visa you’re allowed to get a part time job that meets certain specifications (I would assume under a certain number of hours/wage, and likely on campus). Since Canadians don’t need a student visa, are we still allowed to get a part time job while studying?

Tijuana answers:

Professionals of Canada or Mexico may work in the U.S. Under the following conditions:

* Applicant is a citizen of Canada or Mexico;
* Profession is on the NAFTA list;
* Position in the U.S. Requires a NAFTA professional;
* Mexican or Canadian applicant is to work in a prearranged full-time or part-time job, for a U.S. Employer (see documentation required). Self employment is not permitted;
* Professional Canadian or Mexican citizen has the qualifications of the profession.

Note: The application requirements for citizens of Canada and Mexico, shown below are different.
Requirements for Canadian Citizens

Canadian citizens usually do not need a visa as a NAFTA Professional, although a visa can be issued to qualified TN visa applicants upon request. A Canadian citizen without a TN visa can apply at a U.S. Port of entry. Learn about requirements and more on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website. Canadian citizens can also review information regarding TN visas through U.S. Embassy Ottawa’s website.

When Does a Canadian NAFTA Professional Need a Visa? A Canadian residing in another country with a non-Canadian spouse and child would need a visa to enable the spouse and child to be able to apply for a visa to accompany or join the NAFTA Professional, as a TD visa holder. Canadians applying for a visa will follow the same documentation requirements as shown in the sections Mexican Citizens, Applying for a TN Visa, and Required Documentation.
Requirements for Mexican Citizens

Mexican citizens require a visa to request admission to the U.S. (A USCIS approved petition is not required.)
Applying for a TN Visa

NAFTA applicants must meet specific requirements to qualify for a NAFTA Professional Worker (TN) visa under immigration law. The consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa. Applicants may apply at consular sections around the world for a NAFTA professional (TN) visa. As part of the visa application process, an interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate is required for visa applicants from age 14 to 79, with few exceptions. Persons age 13 and younger, and age 80 and older, generally do not require an interview, unless requested by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Making your appointment for an interview is the first step in the visa application process. The waiting time for an interview appointment for applicants can vary, so early visa application is strongly encouraged. Visa wait times for interview appointments and visa processing time information for each U.S. Embassy or Consulate worldwide is available on our website at Visa Wait Times, and on most U.S. Embassy or Consulate websites. Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website where you will apply for your visa to find out how to schedule an interview appointment, pay the fees and any other instructions.

During the visa application process, usually at the interview, an ink-free digital fingerprint scan will be quickly taken. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer.
Required Documentation

Each applicant for a TN visa must adhere to the procedure as explained below:

* Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160. Visit our DS-160 webpage to learn more about the DS-160 online process.
* A passport valid for travel to the U.S. And with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
* One (1) 2×2 photograph. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements. A photograph is not required if you are applying in Mexico.
* Letter of Employment in the U.S. Additionally, the applicant’s employer in the U.S. Must provide an employment letter that includes the following:
o The letter must indicate that the position in question in the U.S. Requires the employment of a person in a professional capacity, consistent with the NAFTA Chapter 16, Annex 1603, Appendix 1603.d.1.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

Comments are closed.