You are here: Home > Tijuana information > Ensenada Mexico Beaches

Ensenada Mexico Beaches

Chris asks…

What is better walking around in Ensenada Mexico or Rosarito Mexico?

This is a during the day trip….your advice would be appreciated…..thanks

Tijuana answers:

I prefer Rosarito by far. But, I think this depends on your tastes- if you’re looking for more traditional, tranquil, less touristy beaches, then definitely go for Ensenada. If you’re ok with slightly higher crowds, more americanized surroundings, etc- then Rosarito is for you. I also like Rosarito because it’s closer to the states- an easy drive. 😉

Susan asks…

Going on a cruise to Catalina and Ensenada Mexico, any tips?

Im going on a Carnival cruise to mexico in may but its my first cruise and i don’t know what i should bring or what to expect. any tips or advise? thanks in advance

Tijuana answers:

Catalina is a short visit and it’s for the best. There’s not much going on.

In Ensenada, go to the Blow Hole. It’s a pretty nice drive through town and up to the hole. The hole itself isn’t that great but the street vendors are cheaper. A little hint, when bargaining, start at 50% of what they ask and don’t pay more than 60%.

DON”T sign up for any excursions through Carnival, they’re a huge rip off. I think I paid $10 for my tour and $15 to go para-sailing.

Once the tour bus brings you back from the Blow Hole, find a nice cantina on the beach, order some tacos, some fresh guacamole and a margarita and just enjoy the rest of your day watching the kites, sand artists and bikinis stroll by.

Carol asks…

Do you need a passport for a cruise to mexico from california?

i want to take a cruise from long beach california to ensenada

Tijuana answers:

From the U.S. Embassy web site:

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: For the latest entry requirements, contact the Embassy of Mexico website at or contact the Embassy of Mexico at 1911 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W., Washington, D.C. 20006, telephone (202) 736-1000, or any Mexican consulate in the United States for the most current information.

Land or sea travelers must have a valid U.S. Passport (or U.S. Citizenship documents such as a certified copy (not a simple photocopy or facsimile) of a U.S. Birth certificate, a Naturalization Certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Citizenship are acceptable along with photo identification, such as a state or military issued ID).

U.S. Legal permanent residents in possession of their I-551 Permanent Resident card may board flights to the U.S. From Mexico.

IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION: On June 8, 2007, the Departments of State and Homeland Security announced U.S. Citizens traveling to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or countries in the Caribbean region who have applied for, but not yet received passports, can re-enter the United States by air by presentation of a government issued photo identification and Department of State official proof of application for a passport through September 30, 2007. The federal government is making this accommodation for air travel due to longer than expected processing times for passport applications in the face of record-breaking demand.

For details, see: This accommodation does not affect entry requirements to other countries. Foreign immigration officials may still require a passport, or require a birth certificate or other evidence of U.S. Citizenship in addition to proof of application for a U.S. Passport and a government-issued photo identification. Travelers are strongly advised to check with the appropriate foreign Embassy for information on their country’s entry/exit requirements in relation to this announcement.

I’ve found it much easier to enter Mexico with a passport. You get less hassle from Mexican Immigration.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

Comments are closed.