You are here: Home > Tijuana information > Visit Mexico Cancun

Visit Mexico Cancun

George asks…

Where is a good vacation place in Mexico?

Two friends of mine and I want to visit Mexico this summer and we want to go somewhere near a beach, some clubs, cheap places to stay and obviously from the recent problems, somewhere safe. Anyone have any ideas and places that are affordable for some college people?

Tijuana answers:

I live in Cancun and I can tell you that anywhere in the Mayan Riviera area is going to be safe (Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, Tulum). As far as inexpensive, so far Isla Mujeres was the cheapest – there you can find a nice local hotel for 400 pesos (around $30-35). It is small and gorgeous, however, it’s not a place for clubbing. Cancun’s hotel zone is probably the best for partying and definitely has the best beaches (but touristy), and if you watch carefully you can get some great all-inclusives (you will see a good police presence there, as they want to protect the tourism industry). Playa del Carmen is my favourite though – shopping, clubs, nice beaches, close to Akumal for great snorkelling, great restaurants.

Good luck, and have fun!

John asks…

Do I need a notorized form of consent to travel to Mexico?

I am traveling to Mexico (Cancun) with my aunt. Do I need a notorized form of consent because niether of my parents will be present?

Tijuana answers:

Foreign officials and transportation companies are vigilant concerning documentation for children crossing international borders. Make sure you carry the proper identification for yourself and any children travelling with you, including any documents that might be required by the authorities of the country you intend to visit, and by Canadian authorities on your return to Canada with the child. Generally, persons younger than 18 years of age could be considered children. Proper identification includes, but is not limited to, a valid passport for the child when travelling outside Canada. In addition, we recommend:

That a consent document or letter be carried to prove that the child has the permission of the absent lawful parent(s) or guardian to travel. This document should be specific to each trip and should include contact information for the parent(s) or guardian. A sample is provided for
parents to use as a model to draft their own consent letter.

This consent document could be required even if the separation or divorce documents award custody of the child to the accompanying parent, but the non-custodial parent has legal access or visiting rights to the child.

In addition to the certified consent document from the absent parent, a copy of any separation, divorce or custody decree might be requested.

A child of divorced or separated parents who is travelling without either parent could use either one consent document signed by both parents or two separate documents.

If a legal guardian is accompanying the child, then a copy of the court order granting guardianship might also be requested.

If only one parent’s name appears on the birth certificate, and the child is travelling with the other parent, then we also recommend that a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate be carried.

If one parent has died, a certified copy of the death certificate could also be carried.
Remember that customs officers, as well as other authorities, inside and outside Canada are looking for missing children and may ask questions. Make sure you carry the proper identification for yourself and any children travelling with you. In addition to passports, proper identification could include, but is not limited to, birth certificates, citizenship cards, landed immigrant records and certificates of Indian status.


Linda asks…

are there any good links for travel tour packages to visit mexico?

i mean like are there any packages that include hotel, flight, tours, guides, ecc that can be purchased at a decent price? im planning on going to mexico, more likely cancun for a one week or less stay around the very end of august in two. any good links or direct travel tour companies that provide good deals in which you have had good luck with?

Tijuana answers:

These are the ones we have used in the past. I live in New York and these are some of the popular websites flying from the north east to Mexico

I know friends of ours flew from Indiana on They got a great price.

Your local travel agency can help you with air and tour packages. I would start there, if the websites I recommended don’t work for you.

Good Luck

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

Comments are closed.